For some time, I’ve been doing this “list of the day” thing. Writing a list of the blessings in my life, things I’m grateful for..and what I LOVE about life. I wish that I could say I did it daily… when really it started out in my journals and then gravitated to my personal blog started in 2005 and now I’m choosing to document it here.
I love the MOLESKINE journals I’ve been using to journal, sketch and document my personal transformation and learning. I came across this set of 12 mini journals…one for each month of the year…with a page for each DAY…and so the idea of this project was born.
Benefits of the List of the Day that may inspire you to take on the Project Love List of the day 2011:
- focus is on the beauty, joy, gifts, and positive aspects of your life…what we give our attention to grows and my intention is to nourish what is blessing in my life.
- this is the fastest way out of a melancholy mood….and from time to time the gray skies of life hover over me, too. So this daily dose of gratitude is one of the best medicines I’ve found to treat depression.
- these lists tell a story. the story of all of our lives is worth telling…down to the tiniest detail.
- being grateful every day helps me shed the ego within..and connect to the greater Source and Spirit that we are all connected to.
- it brings a feeling of LIGHTNESS…a physical relief, and relief from the every day worries that press against our hearts and minds. This act of specifically choosing to see the silver lining in my life…increases the LIGHT in my life…and I find that that somehow blesses others, too. Blessing others lives..if even with a smile, or an energy that lifts some weight or bestows a sense of love and well-being…that is the best act I could ever do for another.