For a while now, you have shoved it down, quietly resisted and ignored it because the world asked you to. Maybe because you wanted to be liked and were afraid that if the real you showed up–she wouldn’t be accepted. We all do that at one time or another. And the whisper in your heart is nudging you to be more YOU.
Sweetheart, here’s the deal: YOU –the REAL – AMAZING – SASSY – SPUNKY – CREATIVE – WILD – BRILLIANT and DIFFERENT YOU deserves to come out. She is WORTHY.
So Unleash Your Moxie
Here are 6 questions to help you consider your MOXIE (take a few deep cleansing breaths, and grab a journal or just some quiet space and consider these questions.
1. What voice in your head do you hear louder? Your loving inner whisper? or your harsh Inner Critic? That inner critic can be nasty, and many -MANY of us are so used to hearing and responding to the Inner Critic we don’t even realize the damage we are doing to ourselves. The Loving Inner Whisper is ALWAYS there and hearing her –is really just as simple as learning to tune in to her voice. Just like a radio station…you can learn to tune out one station and tune in to another. Give that Shitty Inner Critic a PINK Slip and fire his ass. Invite your Loving Inner Whisper to come in and visit…. beginning a relationship with her is the beginning of feeling different…of being able to unleash your moxie
2. When is the last time you created something artsy? If you ask a class of 5-6 year old kindergartners if they are artists– every one will proudly declare themselves artist! By 6th grade, If you ask the same questions–in a class of 30 kids…usually only one or two will still proudly declare their art– and these are usually boys. (I KNOW this to be a fact from a highly NOT-scientific study I conducted while teaching Kindergarten and K-8 Technology classes for 5 years). We are all creators…we all have expression in us. Maybe yours is music, or drama, or jewelry making, or even finger painting. I lovingly dare you to sit with a blank piece of paper…and doodle, or draw what ever is in your heart. And as your Inner Critic shows up–and he very well may– tell him to back off–and keep drawing. Release judgement and just let your colors flow. YOU ARE A CREATOR- YOU ARE AN ARTIST.
3. Where and who in your life do you show up completely real- relaxed and comfortable? Who are the people that love and accept you as you are? What does it feel like to be able to be the REAL YOU in their presence? Are there many of these people or just a few? What cause you to be OK with being your authentic self with these people?
4. Make a list of the reasons you have for keeping your walls up or NOT being authentically yourself. Think of times and situations where you feel like you are wearing a mask, where you are stressed and uptight, living and being out of obligation instead of allowing yourself to just be YOU. Literally make a list.
5. IS IT TRUE? This question is HUGE. Byron Katie has a powerful approach to checking our own thoughts. She says, “don’t believe everything you think…it will terrify you.” So true. Check each statement on your list…is it REALLY 100% true? Or are you making up a story and believing it– thus keeping you from allowing your true self to BE in this world.
6. What do you want to feel? Make a list (yes, another list). So often we live in what I call the DO ZONE of life. Always doing- task focused, task obsessed- even goal focused… UGH. STOP check your list…are they verbs—or FEELING WORDS? Yes, I’m asking you to connect back with your heart…get out of your mind, stop SHOUDLING all over yourself. Breathe in your heart and open the door to FEELING again. Start with the feelings. Your Moxie comes straight from the center of your heart and the Spirit within. Think about it for a moment. What do you crave to feel? Then work backwards from there.
You want Moxie? You already have it- I promise. If you have read this far..you LIKE moxie…and like attracts like and so moxie is within you. It resides there…beyond the layers of obligatory life, of shoulds, of worldly expectations, of just getting by. Underneath those layers is that soft, shiny, naked, PURE YOU dying to come out and live fully! Congratulations on beginning the journey to unleash your moxie! Congratulations on beginning a new relationship with the REAL you!