The impetus to hustle is strong out there. In the corporate world, in the online business world.
Struggling and striving is the way of the world, and many heart-centered business folks get sucked in. But the hustle isn’t sustainable. I’m not saying that success doesn’t require effort. I am saying, that success is a long game. It is a series of fundamental steps, vs a few grand slam moments.
Walter’s talk got me thinking when he asked, “What does it take to reap the rewards?” I started thinking about the elements of pleasurable and rewarding success.
I came up with 6 Ps of a Pleasurable and Profitable Business.
1) Be Persistent
- When one has the capacity to create big chunks of revenue, it isn’t uncommon to think “If onlyI can hit the grand slam home run – everything will right itself.”
- This thinking creates a tension in our body
- Free throws, layups and … win games… not the 3 point shots
- The quick fix is in demand but doesn’t reap the true rewards.
- Frequency over Intensity.
- Hustling is not sustainable.
- You can run further if you run slower. Click To Tweet
2) Be Prolific
- You think you have to write the whole book but….
- If you put out a little paragraph out every day, it creates a cumulative effect
- Do a little bit every day
- Create continually
3) Be Patient
- Exponential success factor – people often quit just before the success really hits
- **Part of being patient is being persistent
- Walter – “The rewards come at the end”
- Where is my revenue? Seems like it’s going to pay things from behind…
- Sometimes I think what job could I get that would pay my net… it would have to be a sales job. AND… I’m in a sales job right now… we all are… if you’re an artist/entrepreneur you are in sales.. you are worrying about your own problems instead of someone else’s for security
- You are too easy on yourself
- You are so hard on yourself
- Get perspective. Spiral in and spiral out.
- Having a coach is super helpful in getting perspective.
5) Be Present
- Mindfulness, presence, and awareness, the Divine – bring it into your business.
- When we are present we drop below the automatic thinking.
- What is true for you deeper than your thoughts?
- Tune into your spiritual guides.
6) Prophet first then Profit.
****You can Profit first when you Prophet first. Here is the blog post from this week on Prophet First or Profit First http://allisoncrow.com/profit-first-or-prophet-first/
- Divine Business Manager Blog Post
- Here’s an interview I did with Jacob Sokol on a Series called Quadruple Your Coaching Biz- where we discussed the Divine Business Manager.